I just thought I’d spell out the whole moving situation here because everybody is asking on Facebook and twitter. My husband works in commercial construction and in the last 11 years we have had 8 different addresses in 5 different states. He has accepted a job for RC Construction working as a Project Manager out of their corporate office which means a whole lot of wonderful things for us.
1. I will live in the same town as one of my very best friend’s in the universe (Hey Lizzie!!) and her three bebes.
2. We will be only a 3 hour drive from all of our family, instead of 10.
3. We will never have to move again. (Can I get an amen?)
4. We have bought a fabulous house that we can fix up exactly like we want it and not have to worry about leaving in 18 months.
5. My children will have a home and roots.
6. I get to see Lizzie everyday.
7. I will be back in the Central time zone so I will no longer have to do math when I call my sister.
Words can’t express how hard it was to leave Mount Pleasant (but don’t worry, I tried and it’ll be in The Moultrie News tomorrow) but we are so excited about the next chapter of our lives in Mississippi. We will be spending Christmas vacation painting and moving in our new house and will be coming back to Jasper for Christmas so I can eat at Perico’s three meals a day, I mean, um…so we can see our families.
Also, I will still be writing my column for The Moultrie News…