For Aubrey’s birthday she wanted to have a spend the night party. I told her she COULD, but she could only invite a handful of friends. (I have limits, people.) She was worried about leaving out her friends’ siblings so she quickly scratched that idea. We brainstormed and came up with the perfect solution: Saturday morning pajama party with a donut cake.
It was awesome for several reasons.
1) Donuts. (See above. ‘Nuff said.)
2) I put my kids in their PJs on Friday night and they were ready to go.
3) I put myself in my PJs on Friday night and I was ready to go.
4) My friends didn’t have to get their kids dressed or feed them breakfast.
5) We were done with the party before lunch and had the rest of the day to do whatever we wanted which coincidentally, turned out to be wearing our pajamas until bedtime.
6) Bacon. I mean REALLY. What other time of day can you get away with serving BACON as a side dish?
Got any great birthday party tricks up your sleeve??